Static site search functionality
Very basic offline search index generator for static-sites using lunrjs.
For a live example, look at the search box in the top-right corner of this page (or for mobile devices, tap the ‘☰’ trigram/hamburger menu).
Depends upon a number of libraries:
- PDFBox for PDF text and meta extraction
- JSoup for HTML text and meta extraction
- Lucene for tokenization
- JDK Nashorn and lunrjs for JSON search index creation
Contains a few optional maven specific extensions - primarily to avoid filling indices with poorly tokenized and likely irrelevant sourcecode; i.e. Xref and JavaDoc specific processors.
- Currently completely undocumented
- Very early cut - subject to flux; exposed API is extensible but experimental and will certainly change
- Configuration via JSON and therefore compatible with Maven plugin style configuration XML (an example of this is the main method of Search
- Used in this Maven plugin